25.8.14

Longitude Day 1




Dress: Primark (Penneys)
Boots: Vagabonds @ Office
Sunglasses: Topshop
Tights & socks: Primark (Penneys)
Backpack: Primark (Penneys)

So I am back from my three week stint in Vietnam and Cambodia. It was the most amazing experience of my life and I am so excited to share my experiences with you all.  Before I get to that I wanted to share some photos from Longitude Weekend.

I went to Longitude with friends literally one day before I left for Vietnam. It was insane and I ended up with the worst head cold during my 24 hours of flying. It was not fun. My first night in Vietnam was spent in an intense and restless sleep. Nonetheless Longitude did not fail to disappoint at all. I attended all three days and we had amazing weather. Only one mild rain shower all weekend which is pretty good for Ireland.

We saw some amazing acts such as Chvrches, Rudimental, Bastille, Disclosure, Haim, James Vincent McMorrow, Banks, Bombay Bicycle Club, Sam Smith and Bonobo. Disclosure were phenomenal as usual, I have already seen them live twice (see my review of their Dublin gig here). My personal highlight was definitely Haim, had wanted to see them for a while and they did not fail to deliver. The dark horse of the weekend was definitely Rudimental; I was not expecting much from them but the band is amazing and they completely owned Sunday.

Longitude is a great all inclusive festival with numerous different stages and areas to explore. My one hiccough with it was that it was attracting a younger crowd. Nothing wrong with this in theory but at some point it does get uncomfortable watching 16 years old wearing virtually no clothing falling around drunk.

I am super excited for Electric Picnic this year, I cannot believe it is on next weekend. I have had zero money and zero time to prepare but if it anything like last year I know we're all in for a treat.
                                



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SUZANNEMURPHY | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig